About
Green Street Chapel is a Grade II listed former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel within a stones throw of the beach, and the sweeping views of Morecambe Bay and the Lake District hills.
Once known as ‘The fisherman’s church’; The Chapel was built in 1876 to serve the towns fishing folk and growing Methodist community. In the heart of Poulton – the oldest part of Morecambe and facing the original fishermen’s cottages with their backs to the sea.
The Chapel closed for worship in the early 2000s after a period of declining congregations and was purchased in 2018 by Sonja and Howard, who currently run an Antiques business and Arts studio within it.
A true labour of love – they have sensitively restored the building inside and out to its former glory. Peeling back years of modernisation to reveal the beauty and craftsmanship of the original features; whilst prioritising the serenity and peace the Chapel represents.

